Raak deel van ‘n Kleingroep en gesels saam oor die reeks: “Address the Mess“
PART 2: Best Mess Ever
We’ve all made messes in our lives. In fact, we know a mess when we see one because we are messes. It’s something we all have in common. Our messes may bring us together, but they also make us feel separated from God. When we can’t even live up to our own standards, how can we live up to God’s standards? We assume our messes must disappoint or anger our heavenly Father. But the truth is, the mess that brings us together is the mess that brought God near.
- Talk about a time when you were in a messy place and weren’t sure of the way out. What happened?
- Why are we tempted to treat God like AAA—to want him to show up when there’s a mess, pick up the pieces of our lives, and then go away until the next time we need him?
- During the message, Andy said, “You cannot pray or confess your way out of a mess that you behaved your way into, but you can follow your way out.” Do you agree with that statement? Why or why not?
- Read Matthew 7:24–27. What would it look like for you to hear Jesus’ words and put them into practice in your own life? How do you think that might help you avoid future messes?
- Have you ever lived through an experience in which you messed up, gave up, looked up, and then God showed up. If so, how did that experience change your relationship with God?
- Think about a mess in your life right now. What can you do this week to begin to surrender, look up, and ask God to show up? How can this group support you?
You’ve made messes in life. We all have. Your current mess may feel overwhelming. It may feel like there’s no way out. But you don’t have to be stuck. Jesus invites you to follow Him out of your mess. You only need to surrender. When you surrender, you can experience God’s grace.
CHANGING YOUR MIND
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
© North Point Ministries, Your Move with Andy Stanley. All rights reserved.